Our Core Values at Seattle Creative Kids
- We value and respect each child as an individual.
- Play is the “work” of children.
- Use of reclaimed and recycled items in our artwork.
- Use of guidelines rather than strict rules.
- Empower children to help themselves – it helps them see themselves as contributing members of their families and communities and develops self-confidence.
- The process is more important than the product. We engage in activities that can be taken in many directions.
- Where a child is developmentally is how they learn best and where they are encouraged to access projects.
- Experience is the best teacher. “If its not in the heart it can’t be in the head” Bev Bos.
- Time spent at Seattle Creative Kids Preschool is meaningful, educational, and fun.
- Plato, “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”
- Art stimulates both sides of the brain; 33% of kids are visual learners; studies show that children, who make art, read better and get better grades in science and mathematics.